You’ve either made the decision to have your photo taken with us (or you are at least considering it). We believe we’ve been blessed with an eye for photography and we are excited to share that with you.
Here’s what you can expect and some ideas of what you should be doing before, during, and after your session.
Before the Shoot
- Schedule – Make sure you’ve contacted us to secure the date and time for your session. You can do that here if you haven’t already.
Investment – With your time secured, we want to make sure that the pictures you want are what we are preparing to capture. We’ll work with you to decide upon the most appropriate investment and payment schedule ahead of time.
- Location – Urban, natural, in your house, in the delivery room…the options for where your session can occur are unlimited. Whether you require a specific spot or have more freedom to choose, we will work with you beforehand to determine your session’s location.
- Outfits – This is where the always important “What should I wear?” question comes into play. And wouldn’t you know, we just so happen to have a page that helps you out with that right over here.
- Check us out – Chances are you’ve already done that if you’ve gotten this far. But just in case, make sure to check us out on Facebook and see what we’re doing on our Blog.
During the Shoot
- Relax – We understand. We have kids and know how important it is to get that perfect picture of our families, ourselves, our events, and all the other magic moments we want frozen in time. And while every parent wants to get that great family portrait where everyone is looking right at the camera and smiling with the enchanted smiles of baby angels, the truth is that shot may not happen. Relax! Time and time again our clients’ favorite shots are those candid moments that we capture when Junior wandered over to look at a flower or when you stopped posing for a moment and took a breath while looking at the scenery.
- Guidance – If you have poses or ideas for your session, please bring them. However, if you don’t there’s no reason to stress. We will guide you through how to stand, where to sit, when to smile. If need be, you may even find us moving a stray hair from your face. Don’t worry about all that; that’s what we are for.
- Have fun – The two of us love to laugh. Laugh with us. Laugh at us. Laugh at yourselves. But smile and have fun with this. Everyone looks better when they are having fun, laughing, and smiling. Trust us on this; we have terabytes worth of photos to back up this claim!
A note to the men: I know we all want to look stoic, tough, and manly…which we assume means we shouldn’t smile. But if you want to look good, you’ll need to smile for at least a few photos. Don’t worry, our wives know how tough we really are. ~ David
After the Shoot
- Sneak Peek – We love that you are excited about your pictures (so are we). We try to have at least one or two images for you to view within a few days. Unless otherwise instructed, we will often post these pictures to our Facebook page or blog so that you can easily share them with your loved ones.
- Your Gallery – We strive to have your viewing gallery available as quickly as possible, usually within 2 weeks. Occasionally this may be longer (like if we have a baby a week after a wedding shoot…yes, this happened) but will let you know ahead of time so that you know what to expect.
- Your Pictures – We will send you instructions on how to access your pictures in your personal online gallery. From there, you will be able to download your digital images (if this was included in your package). In addition to digital downloads, we offer print packages for you too. Our print packages are through printers that will provide better quality than your local drug-store 1-hour printing and are delivered straight to your door. If you have any questions about packages, let us know.
We truly hope you love your photos! It brings both us such joy when we know that we’ve contributed to your family’s legacy by capturing memories that will be cherished for years to come. Please let us know what you think or how we can be of service after your session; we love sharing in the excitement!